Click for Abbotsford, British Columbia Forecast

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Emo-schmeemo post

Blah.
I'm feeling lame. It's probably a whole collection of reasons I feel lame, the latest of which is that the sun has hid its face behind a cloud, and the warming yellow has shifted to the cooling grey. I hate the grey light of cloudy days. I mean, it's good for filming or pictures or whatever, if that's your thing. But it doesn't make me happy like the yellow light of the sun. There's no shadows and the greens are all dull and nothing reflects. It's all just kinda bland. The sun shows up for a few minutes while the clouds shift, but before I can soak any of the sunlight up the next cloud moves in and the sun disappears again.
Well, I'm listening to Sibelius, so that makes the inside of my dungeon-esque house feel a bit more alive, but the fact remains that there's no square section of bright on my carpet near the window. So the room feels dark.
I have three exams left, then a summer of stupid work and some other things, and then I can get married and move to a basement suite that isn't a cave. Don't get me wrong, I love my suite, but it's just always so dank. I pine for sunlight.
This winter has killed me. Last winter I was in the Asian sun for 2 months, making it a bit more bearable. This winter, however, has been so long, cold, wet, dreary and sad that I can't take it any longer. I need a week of good sun, but the forecast says rain. And even today when it was sunny, it was only 13 degrees outside so it was chilly with the wind, and I wasn't quite as comfortable as I wish to be. A week ago it was 25 degrees, and I was happy. I need temperatures outside that are 18 minimum. None this week though. This week sad.
ยุง is sad too. He needs to go out for a ride, perhaps. Well, that settles it. Even typing that sentence made me feel happy, and so I'm putting the motorbike helmet on and going for a cruise on my moped. Perhaps that will cheer me up, and maybe get my sorry brain back into final exam mode.
Alright... whatever... see you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home