Click for Abbotsford, British Columbia Forecast

Thursday, February 16, 2006

A Very Kafka Valentines

Just a quick update, cause it's about to rain, and I wanna get home before that.
Valentines: hung out with some Thai guys, then went to a Thai church function that was truly all in Thai, I was the only Farong. I basically spent two hours trying to figure out what the heck was going on. Just when I started to understand, it ended and we went and ate food (we had already eaten, this was our second supper... I do that alot).
Kafka: I'm told that it can't hurt me, and that it's not even the biggest, but I refuse to believe either of those statements. That fly was a monolith. Seriously, it was 3 inches long and its body was a solid 1.5 inches wide. Pii Term at the hotel caught it in his hand after I couldn't get past it to my room. Sissy farong... it made a trmendous growling sound (no lie), and I was more than a little on edge. (I hear thunder, I'll make this short...)
Rain: It rains like mad. Last night I decided to venture out to Takuapa to hang out with a friend that I work with. (it's about 30 mins away at 100kph). While eating a fantastic meal at a small vendor on the side of the road it started to rain. I'm prepared for this now. I have plastic bags in my backpack to wrap my camera and books in. I also had a rain cover with me. Driving back to his place was the most fun I have had since Noi Na left. So dark outside, since he lives way off the highway on a twisting gravel road... monstrous raindrops falling were illuminated by my headlight, and through puddles and streams and under constant flashes of lightening we made our way to his house. I was seriously laughing the entire time, it was ridiculous... I can't even describe it, I wish you could have taken a look through my eyes, it was straight out of a movie, and just surreal. We watched Garden State on his computer while waiting for the rain to stop. It did, but then by the time the movie ended it had started again, and I reluctantly, but somewhat adventursomely (is that a word?) headed out on a journey that I probably won't make again. I mean, I was never really scared or anything, it was just kinda sketchy, and I was quite sick of sitting on a bike after the hour long trek with eyes squinting and rain cover blowing behind me like some kind of cape. I got back to Bang Niang and went straight to bed, safe and sound, and actually nice and cool for once.
Now I will go eat with those Thai guys again. And then?...
Another adventure, I'm sure.
later.

3 Comments:

At 5:25 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

You're not even in the rainy season yet. Seriously Thailand, what is up?
Glad to hear that you hung out with super cute Josh. Were you thinking that the whole time, or were you able to focus on Garden State?

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

Uhm... how to respond to that? Uhm... I'm NOT a gratouy? Sheesh... tell you what I was thinking though... Jessipoo would be jhealous if she knew I was hanging out with 'super cute Josh'.
Sucka...

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Ok...so I just got your comment on super cute Josh...were you serious about him being in love with me, or were you just toying with my heart? Heart toyer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home