Click for Abbotsford, British Columbia Forecast

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Bitter Aftertaste

Weekends of fun such as I had rarely come without their bitter aftertaste.
Firstly though, I forgot to mention a few highlights of the weekend, since my last post focussed primarily on the pool party. Here's a few to add to the list.
- The Asian night market
- Seeing Joel's face with a mischievious little grin as his hand reached out from the crowd...
- Goulet
- Riding a pocket bike around the churches parking lot... and then off down the street
- and of course, swimming.

Anyways, on to the aftertaste. Waking up this morning at 5:00am to go to work. I can tell you that I was somewhat unable to deal with the morning at that time. I spent long drawn-out periods of time standing in the kitchen, trying to think of what I was doing. "Ok, I have a bowl and some cereal... now what did I stand up for? Oh yeah... A spoon..." Then after eating I put the cereal box away in the fridge. Yup, it was tremendous.
The taste was dulled a bit by the fact that my foreman, who was supposed to pick me up failed to do so, and at 6:00am when the rest of the Braber shipping crew started work, I went back to bed for another hour of sleep. Awesome. But then 7:00am just hurt more... so I guess it wasn't dulled so much. I finally managed to find a way to work (Thanks mom!) and I began the day.
Arduous.
Strenuous.
Onerous.
Humorous?
Humerus. Heavy arms. At one point I was actually considering opening the box to see if they had packed it wrong. I was sure that the 4hp pressure washer box actually contained a 6.5hp washer. I couldn't lift my arms very exuberantly. Well, through a mixture of patience and sections of time being lost to my memory, I managed to pass through the day and finish my shift.
Hence the day of the aftertaste ends. However, the taste will still linger for quite some time. It's true, there's only one absolutely immediate cure for a bitter aftertaste... take another sip of the drink.
And so, I plan on having another really fun weekend sometime soon in order to rid myself of the bitter drear that has accompanied my "back to work"-edness. I think it will work too, since then I'll have something to look forward to, and the days may pass quicker. Don't you think?
Ok... Uhm, I need to go get some sleep.
Take care.

1 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Wow...it really does sound like you had an amazing weekend! i'm jealous, although mine was particularly good as well. I have been unbelieveably busy, running around madly trying to sort out my ever changing life. I'm officially moved out of Linden and into my parent's basement. Wierd. The wierdest was when my mom asked me if I was going to be home for supper...i couldn't even answer her right away. It was like the freedom that i've known and loved was immediately infringed upon. i eventually told her I wouldn't be home. that leaves my options open a bit more, so if I did come home for supper it would be a pleasant surprise, and if I didn't it wouldn't be a disappointment. good thinking Jess!
anyway, i miss you kyle. i'm going to england in a week and then am in your neck of the woods in 2 months!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home