Click for Abbotsford, British Columbia Forecast

Thursday, January 19, 2006

China is cold and Sriracha is hawt.

I'm here, I'm in Thailand, I made it.
The plane ride was fun. I had a very crazy wierd gut thing going on right before we left, I couldn't eat right from the nervous excitement. But as soon as I got on the plane it got better, and the plane ride to Beijing went smoothly and relatively quickly. Seriously, how could it not go quickly when the first movie they played was Stealth. MAN!!!!!!!! Stealth!!!!! Ahahahahaa, I remember seeing a trailer for it this summer, and laughing at it cause I knew exactly what was going to happen, and that it would be terrible. As soon as it started I grabbed Andrea's arm (the girl I travelled here with) and was like, "Man, they're playing Stealth!!! You gotta see this, it's gonna be off the charts on the awesome cheese scale!!!" It was. Seriously, that was the funnest movie to watch on the plane. We were laughing so hard, it was great. Then the rest of the movies were sub par, and I ended up listening to music and writing.
Beijing was cool. we got there an hour late and that was nice cause we didn't have to wait as long to board the next plane, except that by the end of the first leg I would rather have spent time walking around an airport than confined to an airplane seat. Oh well. we had no chinese currency so we had to make do with free sandwiches from the airline and ... oh wait, that's all. I was starved. But wait, before that we had an adventure.
It seems that Beijing Capital Airport is quite short on boarding gates, so they parked the plan on the far side of the tarmad and we had to be bussed from the plane to the terminal. It was Freezing!!! like, actually freezing!!! Bad news, but we survived.
So yeah, the next flight came and we were separated cause we couldn't get seats together, so it was boring and long and by this time I was proper tired, form not having slept the night before and then a 3 hour wait at vancouver to fly away and then a 11.5 hour flight to beijing and then 3 hours in beijing, but I just couldn't sleep on the flight, it was to the point of disgusting. That 4.5 hour flight felt longer than the 11.5 hour one before it. It was painful. To make matters worse, the only movie they played on that leg was The Perfect Man... some cheesy hilary duff fluff film with 100% predictability and 0% originality. Tripe.
Ok, so I shoudl go before this thing crashes or something, but I'll speed thorgh Thailand so far.
Bangkok was hot, and I was completely ready for that from being on that freezing cold plane.
The taxi picked us up no problems and we drove straight to my friend Teddy's house where I slep from 4-6am this morning, before waking up and waiting for the rest of the world to do the same.
Then I took andrea around Sriracha a bit (we're in the midst of that), visited my old school, the cook, the friends, Grandma's fruit stand beside it, ate some banana bread and went' to look at sea turtles in a dried up pool on Ko Loi.
Fun.
So yeah, there's so much more I could write about, but Ii have no time, adn I wanna send this before it crashes, so I'll be off.
Leave your comments and I'll read them.
Kyle.
later.

1 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kyle!!!
So glad to hear you're alive and well. Boring plane rides seriously suck and those ones where you're counting every minute tick by and they seem to be ticking slower....and slower....well, they suck even more.

Be well.

rhonda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home