Click for Abbotsford, British Columbia Forecast

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Moving to the village...

G'day.
I've had a hectic couple of days, between a trip to Burma and a few 'coincidental meetings' and conversations with people either at church or just around wherever, and I've done a lot of thinking about my situation here, and what I'm doing. So I have made a decision.
Uhm, I moving. Moving to the village. Getting further away from the tourists and hectic small-city-wants-to-be-big-city life. I work out in the village, and my closest connections are with people from the village, and the village is much cheaper to live in, (especially since I just found out that I'm being charged 50% more than I was told for my hotel room, though that may be rectified cause I've recruited a Khon Thai to represent me in the dealings with the hotel manager, seeing as he can communicate in Thai a mite better than I can...) But still, the village is cheaper everything... food, email (1/3 the price), and room. So, I'm outtie!!! See ya later Ban Bang Niang, I'm off to Ban Pru Theaw for the duration of my stay in the south. Kind of a split-second decision, but since making it I have felt a lot better. Gonna go pack my bag tonight, then scram tomorrow morning.
I will remember you always... Bang Niang, so much better than Khao Lak, but still so much worse than Pru Theaw.
Love you all... I'm moving to the village.
Kyle.

2 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Maybe Thailand will become our regular place of meeting rather than Alberta or Abbotsford...perhaps the next time I see you will be over a plate of Pat Ka Pow Kai and an orange Fanta. Oh the bliss!

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Kyle said...

yeah... shoot... yeah...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home