Click for Abbotsford, British Columbia Forecast

Monday, February 27, 2006

Cheese!!!

Pictures time… finally.
Ok go.

Part One: Sriracha

Image hosting by Photobucket
When you’re thirsty, there’s bound to be a vendor close by. When you’re really thirsty, they’re all closed.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Dubbed ‘the Ethical Addictions of Sriracha’ by Yours Truly along with Miss Andrea Dirks. Good coffee. Decent english.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Wat Wang Hin, close to where I stayed while I was in Sriracha.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Wat Wang Hin at sunset.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Nobody really knows where Sriracha ends and where the water starts. I figure it’s about two blocks inland from where the Gulf of Thailand becomes visible.

Image hosting by Photobucket
A genuinely suave-looking cowboy construction worker in Sriracha.

Image hosting by Photobucket
These chaps make ice. It’s their job, and they love their job. All smiles on the day I met them.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Punks in Pattaya.

Part Two: The Beautiful Andaman Coast

Image hosting by Photobucket
Jess checks out a waterfall near Bang Niang. Mighty fun day that was.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Remember that crazy hike in the jungle? On the left there, that’s the path. It’s pretty easy to see at this point in the game. Oh, but be careful, cause there’s a slippering there.

Image hosting by Photobucket
What photo journey of Thailand would be complete without the token Buddha photo. I got permission to take this photo, incase you were wondering. That’s why it’s one of the very few Buddha pictures I have.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Man… tough life I have here.

Part Three: Rebuilding after the Tsunami

Image hosting by Photobucket
Self explanatory. That’s Bang Niang, the place I lived until I moved to the village.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Part of the village of Nam Khem.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Ruins line the shores in Bang Niang.

Image hosting by Photobucket
An swimming pool from a resort that is no longer standing.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Rebuilding the gateway to a wat along the highway on the way from Bang Niang to Nam Khem.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Laying bricks in one of the houses we are working on.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Our worksite during the time that the soccer team and Noi Na were here. It looks a little different now.

Part Four: People in the South

Image hosting by Photobucket
The Legend himself. Gaan. Good friend, and cell phone addict. Just joking. He rules.

Image hosting by Photobucket
An employee at a boat yard, which is building boats to rebuild the livelihood of the people in Nam Khem.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Jess and I got invited to a fire on the beach with the Swiss soccer team before they left.

Image hosting by Photobucket
When we finally got through the jungle on that sketchy gravel road on the island, we ended up in a picturesque fishing village. (Picturesque excepting of course the heaps of rubble left by the tsunami). This girl was playing beside a house, so I took some pics.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Eating at our favorite sticky rice vendor near the YWAM base with Gaan and Jepsikwa.

Image hosting by Photobucket
One of the Thai workers I have spent time with at the job site.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Every night in the village there are mad, mad games of Pick Up Soccer. Amazing.
I love the village.

So there you have it... my time so far in photos. No worries, I have about another 1300 photos so far, so there's plenty more to show... but only if you want. And only when I get home.
Ok, I'm off....
later.

2 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

I love the photos Hendy...thanks for sticking a few of me in there. I would have been offended had you not. You know, cause we had some special times there and such. You were in my video at church yesterday. I think people are wondering who this guy is that I doubled on my mio with.

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome pics, Kyle! The colours are amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home