Click for Abbotsford, British Columbia Forecast

Saturday, March 25, 2006

OH Moped, what shall I name thee?

I bought a moped. It gets me from point A to point B, and it does so for pretty cheap. However, the back tire was just a little bit flat so I tried to pump it up. Apparently that was the straw that broke the camel's back. The tire went flat. What is it with me and vehicles? I have the worst luck ever. I have the luck of a possum roadkill. I have the 'sadim' touch. Whatever vehicle I buy it instantly turns to a lemon. You can't even blame it on bad driving habits, I just picked up the bike today!!!
Remember running down the street in Bangkok right before my flight left for Canada in order to get one more gasp of warm humid air and one more bag of khao niew kaap moo to eat while waiting for the plane? Remember the feeling of knowing that it would be the last time this year that I could soak in a small piece of Asian ambiance before concedeing to the Canadian cold? Remember with sadness the last bit of sweat on my back as I in jeans and closed shoes for the first time in 2 months, raced down the road from the talad to the next fai-tang in order to procure the precious rice and pork I saught? I do... I remember it. Man, what I wouldn't give to go back and live that moment over.
Now I live in Canada with two hoodies and a touque, an empty wallet and a broken moped.
later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home