Click for Abbotsford, British Columbia Forecast

Thursday, March 02, 2006

That sort of thing just doesn’t happen in Krung Thep

I went to check my email after work today. Now it’s like a 5 minute motorcycle drive away, but since I had no motosai I got dropped off there after work. On my way home I was walking down the gravel road from the city to the village when I was passed by my friend Nok, who lives about 5 houses down from me in the village. He had his whole family with him on the bike (his wife and two children), and they all waved and said hello as they passed. I waved and smiled sincerely, I really like those people. About five minutes later, Nok rounded the corner ahead of me and turned around to give me a ride home. These people would give you the shirt off their back if they were asked to, and in some cases, they don’t own much more than that. That sort of thing just doesn’t happen in Bangkok. I love the village.
later.

2 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger johnny m said...

wow, you've been posting a lot lately. gj, xerarch!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger johnny m said...

p.s. i decided to leave you on my profile as a "member" simply because if it weren't for your help i wouldn't have had a links section nearly as quickly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home