Click for Abbotsford, British Columbia Forecast

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Welcome to the Underground World of Scooters!

Seriously, it's like I joined a club or something. Now, it's no secret that there's loads of scooters and mopeds on the roads of Abbotsford these days. Rising gas prices and... well, rising gas prices alone is enough to mean that people are buying them in droves. I'm one of those, no denying that. However upon purchasing Yoong and moping around town, I found myself part of an underground scene of some sorts... a league of little motors, a secret society of scooters, the fraternity of the forty-nine CC's. Every time I pass someone on a scooter or moped, I get some sort of wierd hand-signal slash wave thing. I'm a little bit nervous about waving back the same way, so I usually just wave really big and childish or nod my head subtly, depending on my mood.
Still, I wonder what would happen if I gave the "symbollic wave" back to the other rider? Perhaps legions of little scooter-people would jump out of the bushes and whisk me away to the sanctuary of the sacred scooter and I would have to go through some sort of bizzare rites of passage ceremony involving baskets full of mandarin oranges and a pair of safety goggles. I don't know man... it sounds kind sketchy to me. I mean, have you ever seen the little scooter-people? Them's a freaky little bunch of creatures, to be sure.
So anyways, I guess I'll just stick to a big ole little-kid wave or a friendly but concise nod of the head and continue on my way; alone yes, but mandarin orange free.
later.

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Kyle, you have been pleasantly faithful in updating your blog. I'm impressed! It has sat blank for many a week, but now you are bursting with thoughts and ideas.
I read the blog where you were worried about me. I'm so sorry that I didn't call. As you had guessed, the old phone died and I am lame. Those two things put together equals no phone call.
Peace Kyle. You're brilliant!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home